Let’s Build Together
Conmitch Construction has successfully delivered projects in many different sectors; some recent projects are featured below. Select a category from the ‘See our projects’ box to view details of our experience in specific sectors.
Retail Unit Kingsway West Dundee
Location: Kingsway West, Dundee
Summary: New build retail unit within existing retail park.
Description of Works: Construction of a retail unit, within a live retail park, providing ground floor space of 1254m2 and a 697m2 mezzanine level. With feature glazing to 3 sides, deep recess reveals and LED lighting the building has a modern appearance.
- utilities/incoming services
- concrete pad and strip foundations
- steel frame
- masonry walls
- curtain walling
- metal cladding to walls and roof
- entrance screen incorporating automatic doors
- M&E installations including internal and external lighting, power, sprinkler system, alarm and security systems
- external works included a concrete yard, car parking, paving and a ramped loading bay.
- Registered with Considerate Constructors Scheme and awarded a Certificate of Compliance
“I would like to sincerely thank you for all your hard work and commitment over the last few months and particular effort in getting the building across the line. The building is impressive, a welcome addition to the park and both Land Securities and Sofaworks are delighted with it.”
Burgh Halls Linlithgow
Summary: Refurbishment and extension to Linlithgow’s Grade A listed Burgh Halls.
Description of Works: Dating back to 1670, Linlithgow Burgh Halls is a unique landmark building at the heart of the historic town. The refurbishment and extension of the Grade A listed buildings provides a modern multi-functional venue; visitor attraction, art gallery, restaurant/cafe and tourist information centre.
- Structural alterations
- Masonry works including replacement copes, remedial works to ashlar, new copes, new ashlar, new stone cladding
- Lime render
- Roofing works
- Repairs to sash and case windows
- Mechanical and electrical works including lift installation, replacement heating, power and lighting.
- Floor, wall and ceiling finishes. High quality finishes include oak flooring and wall lining and a feature stair with glass balustrading.
- Fit-out works.
- External works including hard and soft landscaping and works to the rose garden, classified as a Historic Monument, which was sympathetically refurbished.
High quality finishes included oak flooring and wall lining and a feature stair with glass balustrading.
Through the use of new processes the requirement to replace key elements of the building, with long lead times was negated. There was an existing installation problem with the tanking below an external stone staircase. Various options of lifting devices were considered, together with craneage and temporary scaffolding but as these all required a road closure they were not possible within the time period. The final proposal, to cut the stone to sizes that could be man-handled, did prolong the period to commence the works as approval from Historic Scotland had to be obtained, but was completed in a shorter time than it would have taken to organise a road closure for craneage.
- Shortlisted in the 2011 RIAS Andrew Doolan Awards
- Won an RIAS award in 2012
- Commended in the Edinburgh Architectural Association Awards
- Highly Commended in the Scottish Civic Trust Awards